The recipe for our Quick Blueberry Muffins is as it says, quick and easy, but still maintaining that delicious fluffy muffin taste! Blueberries are definitely the star here, so we picked a moist cake texture to hug them, and nothing more. Initially we had in mind a lemon frosting, but when we saw how pretty they turned out, we decided to leave them naked and keep it simple!
Quick Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 eggs (best at room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract (or 1 scraped vanilla pod)
- 100 grams of buttermilk
- 100 grams Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of blueberries (if you want it more fruity, add another 1/4 cup)
Preheat the oven on 220° Celsius (425° Fahrenheit).
Grease a muffin tray (or use paper muffin shapes in the tray, which will give them a nice muffin-top shape).
In a large mixing bowl, add the sugar and melted butter, and beat until combined. After that, add in the 2 eggs and combine. Pour in the buttermilk, yogurt and vanilla extract and beat your wet mixture for the last time.
Toss the blueberries in some flour and make sure they are a bit coated and put them apart (this will help not making your blueberries sink to the bottom when you fold them in).
Add the flour, baking powder and salt to your wet mixture and beat until you have a nice even batter.
Carefully fold in the blueberries with a big spoon or flexible spatula.
When your batter is done, add the batter into the muffin tray (or paper muffin shapes) and bake them for about 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
Enjoy these fluffy pillows of deliciousness!
* Check with a wooden pricker if your muffins are baked well from the inside, if you pull out the pricker and it still has some batter on it, put the muffins back in the oven for 5 minutes. Every oven behaves differently!