We always like to make our own pastes or mixtures to use for multiple purposes in our cooking, you can make them for one dish, but also make bigger batches and freeze them for later use. Our red curry paste is definitely one of those favourites that ends up in a lot of dishes, may it be soup, curry or sometimes even on an experimental sandwich!
Quick Red Curry Paste
A quick way to make your own delicious red curry paste. Easy to use for all kinds of dishes!
- 1 can of tomato paste (70 - 80 gr)
- 1 tbsp of garam masala (* or curry powder)
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder (* or finely minced fresh garlic)
- 1 tbsp of onion powder (* or finely minced onion)
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of honey (optional, if the sugar doesn't add the wished sweetness)
- 1 tsp of chili flakes
Add everything in a small bowl and mix until everything is well combined, using a spoon or mortar.
* when using fresh ingredients, be sure to use your curry paste within 3 days and keep it refrigerated.
If you decide to use the paste for multiple dishes, bigger batches or for later use, be sure to add the paste in an airtight bag and freeze it. You can portion it into multiple servings, just defrost in time and it's ready for cooking your favourite curry dishes!